Sunday, October 7, 2012

U.P. in Uintah

The Union Pacific has a double track mainline that basically surrounds the little town of Uintah, Utah.  Here a UP/SP double header is pulling a full complement of hoppers down Weber Canyon and around the southern edge of Uintah. The sun is low in the western sky and the gives a nice complement to the UP yellow.  I cropped this to 2x3 (my preferred ratio for images) and added just a touch of contrast.

I'm having some trouble with focusing my E-M5.  The auto-focus function is activated when my nose touches the screen in the lower right so the camera is always trying to focus in that area.  I've got to read the manual to find out how to turn that feature off.  The train is just ever so slightly out of focus but it doesn't show on an image this size. I want perfect clarity, however, so I've got work to do.


No comments: